Do’s and Dont’s
- Follow the entry/gate timing strictly (7 am – 6 pm)
- Do not disturb or tease animals
- Give way to animals first.
- Animal sightings are matter of chance. Be patient.
- Total silence and discipline enhances the chances of animal sightings
- Respect animals and their habits.
- Consuming alcohol or visiting tiger reserve under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited
- Do not carry any inflammable materials
- Do not litter the surroundings. Plastics are completely prohibited
- Small groups are always preferred. Early mornings and late afternoons are ideal to visit Forests
- Do not wear colorful clothes or perfumes during visit. Colours like Khakis, browns and greens are best suited for forests
- Always carry a bottle of drinking water
- Trekkers are advised to use jungle boots to ensure safety.
- Carry a first aid kit with medicines for common ailments.
- Always follow the instructions of the staffs and the Naturalists
- Be careful during bamboo rafting. Don’t do anything that will rock the raft or endanger lives.
- Follow the instruction given by Information Centre at the beginning.
- Note that only BSNL mobile network is available within the park
Remember- Do not leave anything but footprints, Do not take anything but sweet memories from Nature’s own Abode- Parambikulam Tiger Reserve
Any person who contravenes or violates the rules and regulations of Tiger reserve shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or with fine which may extend to twenty five thousand rupees or with both.