Veettikunnu Island Nest
Veettikunnu Island Nest is a small island nestled within Parambikulam Reservoir. It is an island all for yourself, with no electricity, no cellular network, no internet, wood fired food and surrounded by nature and wildlife.
This place accessible only via raft, and it takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach through bamboo rafting. Upon reaching Anapadi (gateway to Parambikulam Tiger Reserve), one Naturalist guide will accompany visitors, and four boatmen will join the crew from Parambikulam dam site.
The Veettikunnu Island Nest Package does not include food. Guests must bring along groceries. The tribal men who row the bamboo raft and the naturalist guide will also dual role as cooks. They will help to prepare simple dinner and breakfast in village style, while you stay in Veettikunnu Island Nest.
Upon checking out, visitors can go for Safari in their own vehicle, and visit Parambikulam Dam, Kannimara Teak, Dam View Point, Valley View Point and Thunakadavu Dam. The Naturalist guide will accompany the visitors throughout the tour.
Check-In and Check-Out
- Check-in: 12 PM
- Check-out: 10.30 AM
5 beds. It is impossible to accommodate additional adult or child.
- Visitors staying in Veettikunnu Island Nest should have their own vehicle (or a rented vehicle with Driver) to go around the park. However, they will be accompanied by a forest guard at all times.
- Two-wheelers and Three-wheelers are not allowed to enter the park.
Veettikunnu Island Nest Price
- Room rates for Indians click here
- Room rates for Foreigners click here
- To compare accommodation types click here
For advance accommodation booking and reservations click here